A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Their First Dance Competition

Skylar and Jade participated in their first dance competition of the season yesterday in Columbus. The event took place at Veterans Memorial and boasted a ton of participants from around the state. The Elite Dance Force from Coshocton did extremely well as a group and took home a bunch of great awards.

Though I forgot to take the camera I must update you on my little stars.

Jade was in two numbers--Candy Kids and Wizard. Candy Kids is a cute number with some of the littlest girls in the group (Jade is one of the youngest I think), and they did a great job. Candy Kids recieved a High Gold Award (I have no idea what this means but it must be good!). Wizard is the entire group number (60 kids) and is a huge production. Both Skylar and Jade are in this one and it recieved a High Gold (still no idea!).

Skylar is in a couple of numbers. First she was in Angels which is a lyrical number where she is one of the younger dancers. That group took home a High Gold. Then she is in No Parking, a group of younger dancers, that perform more of a Jazz (I think) style. That group received a Gold Award. And in addition to Wizard, Skylar is also in a Duet with her buddy Casey Varian. This number, called Express Yourself, not only received a High Gold award but also recieved a Judges Award! That was pretty cool!

I am very proud of my little performers! Actually I am very proud of the whole group...they really do a fantastic job. And it is nice to see all their hours of hard work pay off! Great job to all the girls! I personally give you all a HIGH GOLD (whatever that means!).

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I could tell the girls loved to dance the first time I seen them practicing at the day care. I'm sure we'll see them in music videos one day ... um, the tasteful ones Dad :.) Congrats to them both. It must be so neat that they can do these things together.

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home