A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My New Political Position

I don't pretend to speak for others when it comes to politics (Dave Barry once said that politics is derived from "poli" meaning many and "tics" blood sucking creatures), but can we please stop with all the negative ads? I quit being tired of it a couple of elections ago. At this point I am sickened by it.

It seems that many politicians entire campaign philosophy is to take the worst picture ever of their opponent and say why they are a criminal. There is no attempt to distinguish themselves...just to trash the other person. It is no wonder why most folks have no desire to run for office! It's not the difficult decisions or the skeletons in the closet. It's that bad "zit" picture from the 10th grade!

So my new philosophy is to vote against those candidates who have only negative ads. I understand that you have to differentiate yourself from your oponent. But those who cannot tell me why I should vote for them (rather than against their opponents) will not get my vote. Maybe if these 4th grade level ads stop working...then politicians will stop running them!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Amen and Amen....I've become a Kirby political disciple! Throw the bums who call their opponents bums..OUT!

4:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home