A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Sore today!

It was a fun labor day weekend. As the end of the holiday weekend was in sight, however, one of my friends decided (after more than a couple drinks) that it would be a good idea to play basketball!

As you can imagine, a game of 3 on 3 (and later 4 on 4) ensued with many 30-somethings trying to re-gain their youth. It was a lot of fun playing with the guys but I am feeling it today! I have large gashes on the palm of my left hand (though I did get most of the gravel out last night) and I think I bruised the top of my foot (hopefully it's not broken). But other than that...I feel like 50 cents.

On the bright side I ran into some of the other guys today and they looked like they were moving a lot like me. Thanks to Matt Miller for the use of his home court. And I simply wouldn't be me if I didn't point out that I was 5-0!

As Toby Keith said, "I ain't as good as I once was. But I'm as good once as I ever was!"

2 Comments:

Blogger Tom Broadwater said...

Now sounds like a good time to challenge you to a tennis match.

9:00 PM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

A really good time...since I got a stress fracture in my foot during this exhibition as well. I think I still like my chances in tennis though! :)

5:08 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home