A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, August 24, 2008

So it started with one. I was sitting in the living room and noticed a yellow jacket flying around the house. It happens sometimes this time of year...they sneak in. No big deal.

But then I saw another...and another...and another. I was killing them. And they would show again. Then I saw what I thought was a nest...inside the house!

Needless to say I went to get bug killer and continued to be dumbfounded by how this happened. I quickly realized what I saw was not a nest...and then realized they were mostly in the dining room. So we shut the doors and waited to see if they calmed down. They did. And then they would die!

Finally I got in there and sprayed. And as you will see...there are a LOT of dead bees here. Actually these pictures don't even do this justice.






Then Amy and I realized where they were coming in. There is a hole in the ceiling.



I sprayed it down as best I could. But if anyone has a great suggestion (other than call an exterminator) let me know!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Move to iceland!

5:46 AM

 
Blogger Tom Broadwater said...

Damn! That's a lot of dead bees.

6:09 PM

 
Blogger Valerie said...

Doesn't Duct tape work for everything? I believe it's in a number of colors nowadays.

9:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home