A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Stacey's 40th Birthday!

As you know if you follow this blog at all...we do 40th birthdays up right! Well last night it was time for Stacey Drennen's 40th birthday party...and yes it was a surprise. There was a large group of us at the Valley Inn outside of Zanesville awaiting her arrival.



She was certainly surprised...and she had a chance to address her followers!



It was a really fun night...with great looking groups of ladies!







Boisterous groups of guys...







Happy Couples....







Dancing and dining...



All in all it was a fun and photogenic time.







It was a great evening culminating with Jeff making arrangements for folks not to drive home. It was a very nice and generous thing. Now for...the rest of the story!

Amy and I got dropped off at home and as the van left sight we realized that we did (wait for it) not have keys to get in the house!

So at a very late hour, my lovely bride and I tried to break into our own house! After trying all of the front doors and windows, I went around back and climbed up onto the deck. In attenpting to do so I tipped over the now empty rabbit pens (dumping rabbit poop all over) and landing on my back.

But not to be deterred I set the pen back up to try again. (Nothing like being locked out, cold and smelling like rabbit poop for motivation!). I finally got onto the deck only to find that all of those doors and windows were tightly locked as well. Amy and I considered breaking the windows, but decided that then we would be cold on the inside too!

After what can only be described as a sad attempt at burglary, Amy called Valerie Miller (we were hopefuly she would still be awake!). Valerie came over and brought us to her house...where we slept for a few hours.

When we awoke, I realized that my truck (with garage door opener) was at the office! That would have been a handy thought last night! So now I am warmed up and home...and realizing that this was a fun evening. Thank God we don't have them all of the time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home