A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Remembering Longaberger

Some of you know I spent 5 years working at The Longaberger Company. I started out in the communications department where we did a live TV show for the company each day. It was a pretty great work experience, and we won some great awards for the work we did.

After that I took a job as Manager of Entertainment at Longaberger Homestead. I did so with some trepidation as it was not exactly the job of my dreams (based on responsibility). But what I found was that it was a great work experience, not because of the job, but because of the folks I worked with. (Anita, Nancy, Dan, Bill, Salle, Elaine and Sue).

I mention this because I was lucky enough to run into a couple of the ladies I worked with the other night at a local restaurant (Anita and Nancy). We laughed, cackled, giggled, and generally made a lot of noise as we reminisced a bit.

And it occured to me that during the time when we were doing events every weekend, a parade everyday, and shows non-stop, it was not the job that I liked. I liked the fact that we LAUGHED ALL THE TIME! Maybe that was why it was a hard job to leave.

I like my job much more now. I love the freedom I have MUCH more now. But I do miss those meetings when we giggled past professionalism. Good times.

3 Comments:

Blogger J. H. said...

Whenever we saw you bouding through the Welcome Center, head perked up and your coat trying to keep up with your fowared momentum we knew you had some story to tell us that would inevitably laughing our asses off.

Miss our West Wing talks...we could've later bitched at how much the show sucked after Sorkin left. Speaking of Sorkin do you watch Studio 60?

10:36 AM

 
Blogger Bill said...

My fond recollections as well. We had a synergy that was unequaled!

5:57 AM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

It was a fun time...that's for sure! I do watch Studio 60. Good stuff!

9:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home