A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, December 31, 2006

14 Years Ago...

It was nearly 14 years ago that I really “met” my best friend. I mean we had met before. But we had never had a conversation.

Today I can’t imagine not having her in my life. Every time I have an idea, she is the person I want to run it by. Every time I have a joke, she’s the one I want to make laugh. When I am disappointing, she’s the one I hate to disappoint. She is the reason I have two beautiful daughters. They are the reason I get up every day. She’s the reason I try to be a better man.

We’ve been married 10 years now. We were engaged for 3 before that. But it was 14 years ago when we “met.” Since then, my life has been better. Today is her birthday.

Happy Birthday Amy. I love you.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

The Bible is sure on target when it says "2 are better than one.." Wonderful tribute to a lady you are growing in love with! I can tell you that I am more in love than ever with the one I found 45 years ago!

10:08 PM

 
Blogger Salle Beckwith said...

When I saw there was a comment to this post, I knew before I opened it that it was from Bill! That was a wonderful post to read Kirby, and I'm so glad you feel that way and better yet, weren't afraid to write it for the "world" to see!

3:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home