A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Thursday, June 07, 2007

A Busy Week

My lack of posts usually either means a really slow week...or a really busy week. This week it's a busy week followed by a REALLY busy weekend. So preparations for the weekend have taken on most of my conciousness.

Friday marks the beginning of the 26th Annual Coshocton County Hot Air Balloon Festival. This is a great event here in Coshocton County and spans Friday, Saturday and Sunday. At one point in time I was the co-chair of the event...but I have pulled away from those duties because of my girls involvement in Miss Jennifer's Dance Recital.

And you guessed it...that is this weekend too.

So on Friday I will head to the fairgrounds to hopefully catch some balloon footage for Inside Coshocton (your favorite show and mine!). Then I will head back to the rehearsal at Miss Jennifer's so that I can get a lay of the land for videotaping the next day! I also have to rehearse myself...but I don't believe I will share why!

If I am a dutiful videographer I will be up at 5:30am the next morning to see if the balloons fly in (all dependent on the weather of course!). I will spend some time then in the morning shooting video there at the festival. But soon I will head to the High School to set up for the Recital.

For those of you who are unaware, the recital is an event all it's own. The day starts with the Twinkle Star Matinee. That show is approximately one hour and features the smallest dancers at the studio. This will begin at 2pm.

Before that event, however, will be the Memorial Service for my friend, Kevin Johnson. Kevin passed away a couple of weeks ago and his family has asked me to give the Eulogy. It's an honor...and I am glad to do it. This starts at 1pm.

So after the memorial service and the Twinkle Star Matinee, there will be an hour or so of respite. The "Big Show" starts at 6pm.

The Big Recital for Miss Jennifers features all of the rest of the 400 dancers at the studio and usually runs approximately 3 hours in length. Hasseman Marketing & Communications video tapes the event and sells the copies. We setup a 2 camera shoot to capture the entire process, then we go back to the studio and edit each individual number. It's a process...but the girls really seem to enjoy it.

Finally, when that show is over, the Hot Air Balloon Festival has a "Night Glow" each year. If everything goes according to plan, there is a possibility that I can get back to the fairgrounds to catch that too!

Whoo! And folks say there's nothing to do!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Email me a copy of the Eulogy. I'd like to know about your friend. Neat of you to do this!

3:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home