A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Friday, June 01, 2007

An Educational Day

Yesterday I had the opportunity to be a part of an educational exercise that explored statistics in the Appalacian region. It was presented in a "map" format that was extremely interesting.

I was the only one in the room that was not an "educator" and enjoyed the process. I will say it did give you some insight into the reason "why" we need to re-evaluate the way we educate our children.

I think this might be an interesting tool for explaining the "why" to the community at large.

There is an article in today's paper...so check it out!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I take issue with your self assessment as being "not an educator." I know an educator when I see one. From our days in the Edutainment Department to the way you educate me and others on the value of life in Coshocton to watching you raise and influence your girls....YOU ARE AN EDUCATOR, MAN!

4:13 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home