A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, June 10, 2007

A Memorial Service

As I mentioned on this blog a few days ago, this weekend was a memorial service for a very good friend of mine. I was asked to give the Eulogy. I was honored to do this...but wow.

If you have never had this experience (and frankly, I hope you don't) let me tell you it is draining. First, you have the challenge of putting some sort of coherent thoughts into words. This can be tough during this trying time of course.

Then you have to hope that it touches people. And finally you have to hope (at least if you were close to the person) that you can get through it without sobbing uncontrollably!

Kevin Johnson was a great friend to me. And I hope that I did not embarass his memory.



The Memorial Service was kind of therapeutic for me. It was a great opportunity to remember Kevin as he was. He was the life of the party...even after he was gone!

2 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

I've done about a dozen of these over the years and can really relate! You captured his life in words. Maybe you'll become a minister!!!

3:59 PM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

God help us all if I do!

4:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home