A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Monday, June 18, 2007

A New Challenge

For many of us that are busy with work, family and life, staying in shape can be a constant struggle. I am certainly no different. And I have found that I do better with my workout schedule when I have a race to get ready for...so...

I have decided that I am going to get ready for the Cleveland Triathlon on August 5th. Right now I am going to sign up for the Sprint race since I have not been swimming or biking at all recently. The Sprint distance consists of a 1/2 mile swim, a 16 mile bike and a 5K run (in that order). None of those distances are insurmountable, but I want to get in better shape so that it is not a struggle!

The entire race will take place in downtown Cleveland, so it should be interesting. Here is a shot of professional triathlete Chris McCormack running by Brown's stadium on the way to last year's victory.



As I have told some of you before, triathlons are a lot of fun. Wish me luck in getting prepared!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Go for it! I thought sure that was YOU in the picture.

6:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home