A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Monday, April 21, 2008

And now for the Race Results

First and foremost let me thank my brother-in-law and sister-in-law Chris and Meredith! They were my unbelievably gracious hosts this weekend...and they just couldn't have been kinder. So thanks so much!

Chris and I decided to do the Miami University Triathlon this weekend. Chris was a "bit" apprehensive because this was his first triathlon. But I, the grisled veteran, encouraged him ("Suck it up!").

We found out Friday that there were well over 600 entrants, so the race would actually begin 15 minutes earlier than planned. The race (swim, bike, then run) would begin with a "serpentine" swim in a pool. This means we start in lane 1, then came back lane 2, etc. for 8 lanes. As you can imagine, we can't all 650 racers get in the pool at the same time. So they started in order of registration (I was 493 and Chris was 561). We had time to wait!

Long story short we both did well. I was really proud of Chris. He was in his first race on a borrowed bike...and he did great!

I felt like I did well too. The swim is usually my weakest part...but I got through that pretty well. At the end of the day I finished 217 out of 600 and some finishers. I did the race in 1 hour and 26 minutes. I can live with that.

At the end of a race you can always think back on the things that you could have done better...and I do. But I can't thank Chris and Meredith enough for making this so pleasant!

Hey Chris...there's another race in two weeks at Ohio State...you in?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home