A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Closing a Chapter

Last night was the final performance of Tuesdays with Morrie at the Triple Locks Theater here in Coshocton. Though any ending like this is bittersweet, this one is especially so. It's great to get my evenings back...but this was a special experience. My only hope is I can take some of the lessons of Morrie on.

I want to "Go after life and embrace it! And when you do sometimes life will embrace you back in ways you never imagined."

"Forgive everyone everything....Let it go!"

"Taking makes me feel like I'm dying...Giving makes me feel like I'm living."

I want to "live my life like Morrie did...with people as the priority...making memories...giving of yourself..."

Thanks to all who was involved in making this production special for me. And thanks to the girls at the Hasseman House that let me do it. I hope to bring these lessons back to our house each day.

Teach on!

3 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Amen my brother....let it be here as well!

9:29 AM

 
Blogger Leslie Bebout said...

You and your dad were amazing....

What a memory for you as Father & Son!

I'm ready to read the book again!

1:12 PM

 
Blogger Megan Hofacker said...

Thank you so much for inviting us to this awesome production! I really enjoyed it theatrically and the wonderful message that it conveyed! Well done!
Megan (bill's daughter)

9:39 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home