A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Thursday, December 01, 2011

A Nice Night with Andrew and CHS Soccer

This year I was asked to be a mentor for a Senior on the Coshocton High School Soccer team. I wasn't sure if I was going to have time for the task...until I heard who it was. Andrew Miller is the first son of our great friends, Matt and Valerie Miller. Andrew is also a first class young man.



During the season I had the opportunity to see Andrew grow into his role on the soccer field. But more importantly, this gave me the chance to see him continue to grow up as a gentleman. This year has seen him excel on the field (along with a FANTASTIC CHS team), but also in the classroom as well. It really is good stuff. (I have told his parents that this is ALL my influence!:)

When I arrived the event tonight, I sat with Andrew's parents and they gave me a card. He had written a heartfelt message that would have made me tear up if I was not such a tough guy!

So as Andrew stood up in front being recognized with the rest of his Senior teammates, I was proud. I was proud to be able to "mentor" him this season. I am anxious to continue to watch him grow...and to help to mentor him in life. Great job Andrew!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home