A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Super Fun Weekend

For the last couple of months, my wife has been telling me that she wanted to bring me to Polaris. She felt I would like it. For some frame of reference, we like to go to Canton and shop for the holidays, and she thought the area would compare favorably.

So this weekend, we loaded up the kids and headed to Polaris for some holiday shopping. We gave the girls some money so they could shop for each other...and for us. Then we split up and did our shopping.



I must admit I was skeptical about going to a major mall this close before the holiday...but we had a really nice time. It was busy--really busy at times--but the atmosphere was nice. And we were able to see a lot of stores we don't ever get to check out...so that was great.

Here is a shot of Sky and I checking out a new wave bean bag chair.



So all in all it was great. Then Amy had planned for us to go check out the lights at the Columbus Zoo. We had heard they were nice, so we thought that might make for a great adventure to round out the weekend. And they were very pretty.

And it was REALLY cold! Maybe we are wimps (and we are) about the chilly temperatures, but we were in and out fast. For what it's worth there was a long line of cars heading out just as fast as we were.



We teased Amy about scheduling this, but as I told her, it's not an adventure if you know how it's going to go! Anyway, it was a fantastic family fun-filled folly (I love aliteration) and I was glad we did it!



Wow it was cold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home