A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Vegas Baby!

And we're back! Amy and I spent the last several days across the country in Las Vegas at an industry trade show. As is nearly always the case on a trip to Vegas, we had a great time...but we were very glad to be home.

One thing about Vegas...you see things there you will not see anywhere else. This shot is from a mall in the Mandalay Bay. Nice name of a store, don't you think?



As some of you know, we both went to this show last year. But Amy was on the "supplier" side then, meaning she was at a booth while I walked the floor. This year we had the chance to walk this massive show together...and that was great. As you would expect, she is better at "shopping" than me so she saw some great stuff that I would have missed. So for business, the show was great.

Interestingly we did not gamble much. When I did have a chance to play some poker on the first day, I won $25...so that is probably as good an outcome as I can expect.

We walked and walked and walked and walked, etc. It was unbelievable. For the show, there was enough walking...but we walked more outside to get places as well. I am sore today!



We also spent an evening at Margaritaville on the strip. Amy and I love Jimmy Buffet so we enjoyed that a bunch. I had the new Land Shark Beer (or two) and thought it was pretty good. Since we were there, we also both had Cheeseburger in Paradise! This shot was from our seats. It looks like we are sitting on a boat. The whole place was quite cool.



Finally, one of the highlights of the trip was going to see the Beatles LOVE show at the Mirage. Thanks to Barb Emmons who insisted we go to see this! I would try to describe the show, but words don't do it justice. I loved the music and the show was, well, visual overload. I was tired when we got there...but left energized!

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Going to prove the old adage wrong...What happens in Vegas...did not "stay in Vegas!"

6:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home