A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Saturday, October 06, 2007

A Great Day for A (Parkinson's) Walk!



This morning was the 2nd Annual Parkinson Walk in Tuscarawas County. My mom and dad were instrumental in getting the event started...and again in keeping it going this year. (Actually the event last year was my first post on this blog!) The walk is an event that is held in order to raise money for Parkinson's research. As the speaker today pointed out, it costs around $1,000 per minute to research for a cure...so each dollar is vital.



Again this year, they had a nice turnout. This year the event was at the Buckeye Career Center, where my dad teaches. They also started a Tulip Garden this year that everyone helped to plant after the walk.



And of course it was nice to see the members of my family there to support Mom and Grandma! Below is a nice shot of my sister Hillary and my niece Kacie!



Below is a shot of my cousin Amy, her son Beaux (it was his birthday!) and my grandma Peg.



Here is a shot of Hillary, Amy and of course Hillary's daughter Bella. She's a cutie!



And finally here's a shot of my grandma...the inspiration for the event...and my sister Hillary. Apparently every time I turned the camera on, my sister must have dove in front of it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Salle Beckwith said...

Wow - Hillary has a little girl!! She looks so good - tell her I said hello. Hope you are doing great Kirby (& Amy) - it's nice to keep "in touch" through your blog. Someday I'll update mine too. Take care!

8:06 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home