A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Monday, November 19, 2007

With a heart of gratitude...

When people ask me why I chose to come back to Coshocton to live and raise my family, I often struggle to put the reasoning into words. That's probably because there is more than one reason...some of them concrete and some abstract.

But in the aftermath of my wife's recent surgery I can point to a reason that I didn't even know existed. Let me explain.

Amy and I have been blessed with good health. So we have not "needed" the kind of community outreach that I have seen and heard about. But the response we received from family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, service club members, etc. was truly overwhelming!

I am glad that we have not "needed" this sort of attention before. And I sincerely hope we don't again. BUT...wow! For those of you who brought meals, flowers, well-wishes, and so much more...I can't thank you enough.

Those of you who know me know I don't really do sincerity. But really thanks! I know...you were doing it for Amy! Hell...I like her better too! But thanks anyway!

As an update, Amy is still recovering. She is not "better" yet. But she is on her way thanks to you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home