A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Great Sunday...and Holiday Season

So today was a fun day. Amy and I actually spent some quality time together. If you add that with some fun with the girls, and some good exercise...you have a good Sunday.

In addition, as we go through this holiday season we have one big change. Most of our family (on both sides) have moved their Christmas celebrations to different days. So we are able, for the first time really, to spend more time with each family.

There was a time in my life that I wanted to move from one place to the next. But now I am really enjoying the idea of spending more time and "being there" with each group. I hope that shows some level of maturity. But I think it also is symbolic of a shift I have made to consciously care about each person.

One of the people at our Christmas party last night was Sister Edith. She is my wife's great aunt and is a nun. I have always loved her. She is one of those people that makes each person feel loved and important. As I said last night, she has an ability to make each person she is talking to feel like the most important person in the world. I aspire to be more like that.

As this holiday season continues, I hope I make each person, each loved one, each family member know that I wish the best for them. Happy Holidays to each of you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home