A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Introspective

Like many of us, I am a work in progress. And each year I take a look back and see what I have accomplished...and what I have not. This is not a unique trait this time of year, I know.

I will say that I prefer not to make "resolutions" but rather goals for the coming year. I am a big believer in goals and committing them to "paper" or internet as this would be. And I have also noticed in the past that I have made goals for business...but have not done the same with personal goals. So I have decided to post my personal goals for 2008 on the blog. I think these are the type that they don't recommend for the most part. Many are not quantifiable...but I think simply by working at them...they are attainable.

1. Be a better Dad
2. Be a better Husband
3. Pay off credit card debt and truck (and hey more if possible!)
4. Continue to grow Hasseman Marketing
5. Complete 2 Triathlons (at least)
6. Make a lasting, positive impact on Coshocton County
7. Drink less alcohol
8. Eat Better
9. Take 2 Great Vacations
10. Do something "really cool" (i.e. sky dive, mountain climb or something like that).
11. Finish a book.

As you can see, some of these are not easy. But as one of my favorite writer/songwriters, Jimmy Buffet says..."Life is not a dress rehearsal. We only get one chance to get it right."

Good luck with your goals for 2008. We are all a work in progress. Let's make sure the work is being done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home