A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Friday, December 21, 2007

Ringing The Bell

So today I took my turn at ringing the bell for the Salvation Army here in Coshocton County. It seems like a small commitment to give an hour of your time in order to help an organization charged with helping the hungry. And as is the case with most endeavors like this one, it is very rewarding.

I manned the post at Buehlers today with a bell and a smile...and I made it a goal to wish every person who came out a "Merry Christmas." It was funny how many folks who were immersed in the holiday season who looked less than festive. So I attempted to spread some joy while raising some funds.

Salvation Army is also a United Way agency here in Coshocton County...so I think it's important to note the the United Way is still raising funds!

So here's my wish that you keep the holiday spirit festive. And that you find it in your heart to give of your time or blessings this holiday season.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bill said...

Good for you my friend....something I've wanted to do myself.

6:20 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home