A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Friday, December 14, 2007

My Home Brew

I have nearly always wanted to make my own beer. If you know me, not a big surprise. I like my beer. But I will say that recently I have gotten the urge again...and hope that my patience and wisdom have grown enough for me to actually do it well.

So I had been recently researching this online and was ready to buy it there. The next day Amy showed me an ad in the paper for the same "kit" that I was researching for less money...here in Coshocton. It's a beautiful thing!

So we went down to CVS and we got the kit. I began the process that day (nearly 3 weeks ago) and last Sunday we had our first batch to try. (Special thanks to Jim Brown who assisted me in the entire process).



I actually had a a nightmare the night before that it was going to be awful...so I was nervous. But the verdict at the end was...well...not bad!



The rest of the batch we are letting age one more week. But by all accounts it should be a little less sweet this week. So I am looking forward to that.

But all in all...a success! My own homebrew!

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Will this become another business venture? I can see it ...
-Valerie (Boateng that is)

6:54 PM

 
Blogger Tom Broadwater said...

Hasseman would actually make a pretty good name for a beer. It sounds imported.

6:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home