A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

It's beginning to feel a lot like...



Okay so it's finally starting to feel like Christmas to me Each year put up two trees. One of them is the "pretty" one that Amy decorates. The other tree is the one that we go and cut down and put up together.



Because of time, holiday commitments and Amy's energy level, we had not decorated it yet. Tonight we decorated our family tree!



Amy spent the evening pointing out that this is the ugliest tree we have ever had. We pointed out to her (all of us did) that we chose it because we were afraid she might just drop over if we had to walk any further. So in essence, this tree was her fault.



However, I think it's great. And there really is nothing like putting the ornaments on and discussing when and where we got them. I even read "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to the girls before hanging that ornament! That's right...my Grandma Peg and Grandpa Tom got a tiny version of the story as an ornament. Kinda cool.

Anyway...after all the discussion about the tree's deficiencies, I decided to give it a little love!



Happy Christmas to all! And to all a good night!

5 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

You guys have such a nice family. When it comes to your tree, you haven't seen an ugly one until you've seen some of my trees from Christmas past ... and they were artificial. For a couple years I had a tree that I thought looked like a Charlie Brown tree ... you could see right through the thing. The last couple years we had a tree that was too big and we didn't have enough ornaments to cover nearly half of it. This year we got one that was just right ... Von has redecorated it several times already!

Merry Christmas!
VAL (Grace that is)

7:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice pants you tree hugger!

7:28 PM

 
Blogger Bill said...

OK....OK....I get the "hug the ugly tree" story....but the real story here is that......that....that .....OUTFIT!!Don't even tell me Amy picked that out. Now that just looks.....well.....COMPFY!

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

Ahhh...funny. Just be thankful I have pants on at all. Let's face it...it's not a given!

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Tom Broadwater said...

It looks like your daughter is trying to remember if they still pay you to turn people in at the state mental hospital. You better watch yourself ;)

But in defense of those pajama pants I think I have the exact same style. Those are wicked cool.

7:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home