A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Rules of Life

In driving around this holiday season I (as do many) see things that make me shake my head and smile. So it got me thinking about my rules of life. I have often quoted my rules of life (especially the first 2) to anyone who would listen. The most famous Kirby Hasseman rule of life is #2. (By the way, they are less rules than observations and suggestions).

So with that on my mind I thought I would print the new and improved list here for you to think about...and comment on!

1) Close your eyes and imagine how stupid the average person is. Now by definition...half of them are dumber than that!

2) Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

3) Every person dies. Not everyone truly lives.

4) Find out what every person is doing financially...then do the opposite. "Every one" is broke.

5) The Lottery is a tax for people who are very bad at math.

6) If you need to wear a toboggan...it's too late to mow!

7) Don't take a laxative and a sleeping pill (or heavy alcohol) on the same night.

Okay...so that's a start! Happy Holidays!

3 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Does rule number 6 apply to all yard work or just mowing?

Valerie (Grace that is)

6:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A better Rule #3:

Friendship, all your life, is very important. Good friends, however, differ, depending on your age.

Rule #3a: When you're young, always cultivate friendship with someone who can be COUNTED on to say, "I'll take the fat chick!"

Rule #3b: When you're older, strenuously avoid friendships with folks who say things like, "Here, hold my beer and watch this shit!"

6:40 PM

 
Blogger Bill said...

OK....so it's #5 I most like. Some deep thoughts here...you should write a book!

6:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home