A journey of the Hasseman family and our life here in Coshocton County

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Holiday/Mud Bowl

So I got an email a week or so ago from Matt Miller saying that we would be playing in a football game on Sunday December 2nd. It was not an invitation, as much as a declaration. Our team would be taking on an equally determined, passionate, experienced (i.e. old) team.

I read the email and quickly composed a response to the rest of the team. "This is possibly the stupidest idea I have ever heard," I wrote. "I am of course, in!"

So today at 2:30 we gathered at the high school to have this epic battle. Though a few of the fairer of us did not show due to weather...we had a nice turn out. It was fun.



Here is a group picture with the most of us at half time. And if you want to get the winner...keep reading A photographer from the Coshocton Tribune happened by...and I will have more from this game later!



And so with the rain, the cold, the weather, and the competition...there was much excitement. As is the case with any competition like this...the men quickly regain their competitive fire they had as a youth.



But knowing that fire burns deep...we worked hard to have a good time as well.



And of course it is important to note that the black shirts won. (Yes that was our team!). And if you visit the Coshocton Tribune online you will find this picture...that captures us celebrating the final touchdown...and my reception that ended the game!



Yeah...baby!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just a fun fact, "yesterday" the Flag Football photo gallery on the Tribune's website got 2665 hits, it was right up there with the obituaries numbers! Pretty impressive!

3:21 PM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

And not ironic at all that we compared it to the obituaries. I bet several of the "all-stars" felt nearly dead!

4:41 AM

 
Blogger Valerie said...

I bet you would have had a better turn out of players if you had the game listed on the Tribune's Community Calendar.

valerie (grace that is)

5:40 PM

 
Blogger Bill said...

That's the Kirby I so remember! The Kirby Sports Challenge lived out there on Sunday.....and the picture......Absolutely another T.J. Houshmandzadeh! and to think that I humbled the man on the racketball court....AND COULD DO THE SAME TODAY!

7:43 PM

 
Blogger Kirby Hasseman said...

Are you seriously talking smack on a blog? And no...not today. I just felt bad for you after whooping all 6' 5" of you in basketball! Oops! Now I'm talking smack!

4:29 AM

 
Blogger Bill said...

OH don't think I don't remember that my friend!.....probably the lowest day in my athletic career.....and all......CAUGHT ON TAPE and shown to the then 8000 + employees.... It was the biggest hurdle that had to be overcome to get the prestigious Spirt of Longaberger Award!!!
SMACK!!!!

5:06 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home